Fibromyalgia is a chronic, painful condition that can be difficult to relieve with over-the-counter methods alone. At The Health Edge Medical and Wellness Center, we offer a wide range of treatments to help relieve your painful symptoms and improve your quality of life.
The Health Edge Group is located in North Charleston, South Carolina. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out how to effectively manage your fibromyalgia symptoms for long-term pain relief.
WHAT IS FIBROMYALGIA?
A disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain, research suggests that fibromyalgia originates from amplified pain sensations that change the way the brain processes pain signals. This chronic condition often has multiple symptoms, including:
- Widespread pain in the form of a constant, dull ache that can last for months at a time.
- Fatigue even after sleeping for long periods of time. As sleep can be disrupted by pain, many patients with fibromyalgia are still tired when they wake up.
- Cognitive difficulties in focusing, paying attention, and concentrating on mental tasks.
- Additional symptoms such as headaches and cramping can also accompany fibromyalgia
The presence of these symptoms may not indicate fibromyalgia, and through advanced diagnostic testing at our North Charleston office, we can help you determine if you are experiencing this condition and how to proceed with effective long-term treatment.
WHAT CAUSES FIBROMYALGIA?
While no single cause has been determined to cause this painful disorder, research suggests that several factors may come into play, including:
- Genetics: This condition has a tendency to run in families
- Infections: Certain infections have been shown to either trigger or aggravate this condition
- Physical or emotional trauma: PTSD and other conditions of extreme stress have been linked to fibromyalgia
HOW IS FIBROMYALGIA TREATED?
At The Health Edge Group, we offer comprehensive treatment plans and will provide customized care depending on your individual condition.
Some of the options we have for safe, effective treatment are:
- Cold Laser Therapy: This non-invasive technique applies low-level laser energy to painful areas, promoting healing and regeneration in the musculoskeletal system.
- Trigger Point Therapy: Known as TPI, or trigger point injections, this method involves small doses of medicated solution to be administered into painful knots of muscle around the neck and back. This relieves the muscle and alleviates the pain.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Through gentle, methodical manipulations of your spine, pressure is relieved from the nerves and joints, which can significantly alleviate symptoms.
- Other Treatment Options: Depending on your individual condition and the root cause of your condition, we will tailor a comprehensive treatment plan for you.
Contact The Health Edge Group today to schedule a consultation with our medical team and have your fibromyalgia expertly diagnosed and treated with personalized care for long-term relief.